- The apostle Paul wrote many tough love letters of correction and rebuke and signed them.
- Read John 3:19-21. As police officers and disciples know, the devil works in darkness. It’s like a wise old fellah once told me, “When the sun rises and those first rays of sunshine enter a barn, the birds sing and the rats run for cover.”
- Remember Matthew 25’s punch line: “As you do it to/for others, you do it to/for Jesus.”
- Read Matthew 18:15-17 and our Lord’s rules for reconciliation/communication; for when it comes to reconciliation/communication, the first step is always face-to-face not in darkness with a poison pen.
- Anonymous letter-writers break the 9th commandment (Exodus 20:16) and our Lord’s greatest commandment (Matthew 22:34-40).